Every year, at least 430 people die in the U.S. from accidental CO poisoning.
Approximately 50,000 people in the U.S. visit the emergency department each year due to accide
ntal CO poisoning.
Red blood cells pick up CO quicker than they pick up oxygen.
When you inhale CO, your body replaces the oxygen in blood with CO.
People who are sleeping or who have been drinking alcohol can die from CO poisoning before ever having symptoms.
What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is a highly toxic substance, colorless and odorless gas, which belongs to flammable, explosive and toxic gas.After carbon monoxide is inhaled into the human body through the respiratory tract, it enters the blood through the alveolar membrane and binds with hemoglobin in the blood to form carbon oxygen hemoglobin, which causes the oxygen-carrying function in the blood to be obstructed, resulting in human hypoxemia, which leads to the hypoxia of body tissues and poisoning.
What are the possible health hazards of carbon monoxide?
Mild people suffer from headache, dizziness, tinnitus, pain or palpitations in the precardiac area, nausea, vomiting, weakness in the limbs, and even brief fainting. Blood carboxyhemoglobin concentrations may be higher than 10%
In addition to the above states, the skin mucosa of moderately infected people also shows cherry red, hypersweating, irritability, not too unstable, fuzzy consciousness, and even into a shallow to moderate coma, and the concentration of blood carbon-oxy-hemoglobin can be higher than 30%
Severe quickly into the deep coma patients, paroxysmal and tonic convulsion, miosis, strengthen, frequent twitch muscle tone and incontinence, shock, cerebral edema, pulmonary edema, severe myocardial damage, heart disorders, or block, high fever, convulsions, skin mucous membrane in fuchsia or pale, carbon and oxygen blood hemoglobin can be higher than 50%.After some patients wake up from coma, about 2~60 days after the symptom remission period, and may appear delayed encephalopathy, with mental disturbance of consciousness, conical system or extra-conical system damage.
Depth poisoning can be fatal.Chronic and repeated inhalation of certain amounts of carbon monoxide can cause neurological and cardiovascular damage.
How important and necessary it is to have intelligent carbon monoxide detectors in the home?
Carbon monoxide detectors are the fastest way to prevent CO poisoning. You can install a carbon monoxide detector (or multiple detectors) in your home. They work much like your fire or smoke alarm by sounding a siren when they detect carbon monoxide.
Smart carbon monoxide detectors can do much more than just give you sound and light alerts at levels that threaten your health, like conventional carbon monoxide detectors.
You can use the phone APP anywhere at any time to view the carbon monoxide density of the room, check the detector is in normal working state, even if not in the home, also can easily master the safety information, at the same time, also can and intelligent switch linkage in the home, when the probe detected abnormalities, electrical or gas valve can automatically shut off home.More security and reassurance.