Do home security cameras deter crime?
The results of an open-street CCTV test in Gwangmyeong, South Korea showed that the crime prevention effect of the CCTV was significant. The number of robberies and thefts in the areas with CCTV installed reduced by 47.4%, while the areas without CCTV showed practically no change in the number of crimes.
How does Burglars choose a goal?
Most of the criminals target homes that look easier to break into.
In another comprehensive study undertaken by the University of North Carolina in Charlotte,60% of thieves in this study said they would check the alarm before they burgled. Furthermore, they said that if an alarm system were present, most would move to another target.
Therefore, home ownership of security cameras is a powerful deterrent to potential criminals. The message it sends is that if he threatens your home, their actions will be recorded.
Equipped with indoor and outdoor security cameras are your home safer.
The home surveillance camera will help you monitor your home in all directions, which is equivalent to having a lot of glasses and ears.
But there are so many types of cameras, how to choose? Here are a few important points about home security cameras.
1. Determine whether the camera is used outdoors or indoors? If it is used outdoors, make sure that the camera you buy is at least IP65 waterproof to deal with the harsh outdoor environment. If you need to find out whether the camera's working temperature meets the requirements in extreme cold areas, you can install a thermostatic cover.
2. The night vision effect of the camera is very important. If you buy a camera with poor night vision, you will be very distressed. Most crimes happen at night, and you will find that the camera is almost useless if there is no night vision function or poor night vision. Especially for outdoor cameras, good night vision can have color images under extremely low illumination.
3. Is it easy to install?
It is recommended to use wireless cameras for home cameras. Wireless cameras generally do not require complicated wiring and are simple to connect, and they can generally be accessed remotely.
4. It is recommended to use wireless cameras for home cameras. Wireless cameras generally do not require complicated wiring and are simple to connect, and they can generally be accessed remotely.
5. Cost and scope of monitoring.
The PTZ camera can monitor a larger range, because it can rotate horizontally or vertically, and can be set to automatically cruise. Although a good dome camera will be more expensive, it can reduce the number of cameras required.If you need a large number of cameras, a wireless NVR kit is recommended. They can be managed in a unified manner and are more cost-effective.
6. When your budget is not enough, you can even equip some fake cameras.
Is a security camera worth the investment?
Security cameras have proven to prevent burglaries. And, even if thieves do break in to loot your home, their faces will be caught on camera so they’ll be easy to identify later.
It is worth it if you want to protect the safety of your family and property.
1. How much will the stolen property damage?
2. What is the medical cost if the family member is injured?
3. The cost of repairing the house damaged by robbery.
4. The mental damage that children may suffer.